Since we first met, we have always wanted to put together a thrift store wedding! We routinely find amazing wedding gowns while thrifting and, being that we’re both married, since leave these amazing gowns for a lucky bride-to-be. Since we’ve never had a real bride to dress, as an experiment, we put together our own version of a thrifted bridal party for under $20. The experiment was such a success that the story ended up being picked up by Yahoo! and featured on their front page!
Finally, our dreams of dressing a real bride are coming true! We reached out to Patricia Lopez of ABC13’s “Stretch Your Dollar” to help get the word out and she loved the idea of helping a local deserving bride save some money!
To make this dream a reality, we have teamed up with Family Thrift Center to bring you a Wedding Dress Contest! We will be picking the winner Tuesday night, April 18th.
How would you like a chance to win a Wedding Dress? We would also love to help you with your bridal party if possible.
We are looking for a 2017 spring or summer wedding.
While we will attempt to try and find a specific style or size, since we are shopping at thrift stores, we are limited to what they have at the time.
A few more details we will need from you:
- The date of your wedding
- Size of the bride, including height
- Theme of wedding (colors, etc.)
- Number of bridesmaids (including ages so we can locate age appropriate dresses)
- Wedding venue (church, outdoor, beach, second, etc)
In order to enter the contest, you will need to write a short paragraph letting us know why you would like to win. We will choose several deserving winners.
How to Enter: Fill out the form below. Please do not leave a blog comment. Entries will only be received via the contest form in this post.
Contest Duration: Wednesday, April 5th, 6:45 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. (noon), Tuesday, April 18th, 2017
1. One submission per person.
2. Must be willing to meet at a Family Thrift Center store location in Houston of Too Cheap Blondes’ choosing. You are responsible for your own transportation.
3. Must agree to having your picture and story made available on both ABC13 “Stretch Your Dollar” and Too Cheap Blondes’ website, social media and any other form of media that may arise without compensation.
4. Winner receives a donated wedding dress from a Family Thrift Center store. No substitutions or cash value.