In order to enter the contest, you will need to write a short paragraph letting us know why you would like to win. We will choose one deserving winner (you can bring a friend) for a special shopping day with us at a Family Thrift Center Outlet store after hours.
How to Enter: Fill out the form below. Please do not leave a blog comment. Entries will only be received via the contest form in this post.
When: Wednesday, July 20th, 2016 from 11am-1pm (in Houston, TX … you are responsible for your own transportation)
Where: Family Thrift Outlet, Houston, TX
Read HERE about our fun teacher shopping trip with Jade!
Plus we will share our hands on Thrifting Tips:
- Don’t try to put together an outfit or you will get frustrated. Look for individual pieces and then try to build an outfit.
- Focus on dresses, jackets and skirts…this is where you normally get the most value for your money.
- Skip lower end brands such as Target, Forever 21 and Walmart.
- Pay attention to fabrics…avoid synthetics. Look for natural fibers such as silk, cotton and wool.
- You can usually find much better deals by “digging” rather than shopping from the boutique section of a thrift store.
- All thrift stores are not created equal.
- Look through Pinterest, magazines and fashion blogs to recreate trends.
- It doesn’t matter if you have 10 minutes or 2 hours, you can always find something you love!
- Pick an area of town and go to 3-4 thrift stores since they are often near each other.
- Hard Fast Rule: NEVER pay more than 10% of retail price, we try to pay 5% or even less.
- Be open to finding anything!