ABC 13 (Patricia Lopez) Thrifty Thursdays with Too Cheap Blondes
Jen and I were super excited to recreate some of the looks that readers submitted to Patricia Lopez this past week for our inaugural installment of “Thrifty Thursdays with Too Cheap Blondes!”
“I have a fun new feature to tell you about! We are partnering with Too Cheap Blondes to bring you Thrifty Thursdays! How it works … You send me photos of outfits you like, but maybe can’t afford. The thrifty fashionistas are going to recreate your outfits from the thrift store!” –Patricial Lopez
Here is ABC 13 Patricia Lopez’s Facebook page where you can submit pictures of outfits that you want us to recreate from a thrift store!
Here is our first recreation:
- Irish knit sweater – $2 from Family Thrift Outlet
- White Citizens of Humanity denim – $7.99 from Goodwill
- Authentic Gucci purse – $29.99 from Goodwill
- New with tags Jessica Simpson ombre leather boots – $24.99 from Goodwill
With this outfit as our inspiration we couldn’t quite find the exact scarf so being innovative we took 2 scarves, with similar colors, and twisted them together to create the same look.
- J. Crew jacket – $2 from Family Thrift Outlet
- Anne Fontaine tank – $2 from Family Thrift Outlet
- Scarves – $2.99 from Goodwill
- David Kahn jeans – $20 from Blue Bird Thrift Store
- Manuela Mendoza shoes – $9.99 from Goodwill
- Italian black leather purse – $2 from Family Thrift Outlet
- Anthropologie jacket – $9.99 from Goodwill
- Craig Taylor blouse – $2 from Family Thrift Outlet
- Gold tank – $2 from Family Thrift Outlet
- All Saints jeans – $7.99 from Goodwill
- Prada booties – $9.99 from Goodwill
We added a necklace that was already in our closet to complete this look!
Here is what might be the most shocking about what we have pictured, all of the items that we used we already had in our closet, all thrifted of course! We are a broken record regarding our “11 BEST Tips for Thrift Store Shopping”…they work! Shop for basics, look for individual pieces, do NOT focus on putting together an outfit, thrifting takes time and do not pay for than 10% of retail price. It’s unrealistic to think that you’re going to walk into a thrift store and find the perfect pieces for an outfit, all in your size, in one trip…it just rarely happens that way. Work on building your wardrobe with basic pieces. rather than shop for outfits, we happened to have all of the individual pieces that each of these looks required already in our closets. If you study the outfits, they’re all made up of basics (solid blazers, skinny jeans (white, black and blue), sparkly tank, basic white tees) with the exceptions of a few pieces (scarves and shoes).
Do you have a favorite outfit? #1, #2 or #3?
Follow us on Facebook, we post new finds every day!
Linked up with Friday Favorites