Grand Opening ~ Win a Sneak Preview $2 Shopping Day with Jen and Pippa
On February 12th, 2015 Family Thrift Center will be having the grand opening of an OUTLET STORE at 5110 Galveston Rd., Houston, TX 77017. All items will be $2.00 and the doors open at 7 a.m.!
How would you like a chance to win a Sneak Preview Grand Opening Shopping Trip with Jen and Pippa?
We are so excited to offer you this opportunity to shop at a Family Thrift Outlet Store, where everything is priced at only $2, with NO CROWDS and we will help you find all the fabulous deals!
(On Saturday, February 7th, we are going to choose a winner the old fashioned way, we will print out all the names and draw them from a hat!)
Here is how it works:
- You must be available on Wednesday, February 11th, from 12 p.m. – 2 p.m. (5110 Galveston Rd., Houston, TX 77017).
- To enter, you must do all of the following:
- Like our “Too Cheap Blondes” Facebook page and share the contest on your Facebook page.
- Leave a comment on our blog. Please make sure you are entering the contest via our blog post…that’s where we’ll pick the winner from!
- One entry per person.
We are super excited about a fun day of thrift store shopping with you!
In case you missed it, here is our Houston Chronicle Article “Thrifty Blondes”.
Here are some of our favorite tips for shopping the Family Thrift Center Outlet stores.
- “You don’t need to get there when they open on Thursdays.” We usually arrive around 11 a.m., after the store has been open a few hours. The store is really crowded until around noon, after that, it seems to calm down. In our opinion, we prefer to go after the “morning rush.” The employees are continually putting out new merchandise on Thursday and Friday, so you can find the “good stuff” for a couple of days before the stock starts running thin.
- Some people say, “I never find anything!” We go through hundreds, if not thousands, of items every time we go shopping in order to find one or two designer pieces of clothing. Do not get frustrated when you walk into a thrift store and don’t find that “amazing deal” within a few minutes. Jen and I spend hours going through every single hanger. Sometimes we will come across a gorgeous piece of clothing within minutes, but it usually takes a good amount of time to find that treasure! Never give up! If you’re patient and dedicated, I promise that you will find a treasure!
- There are no dressing rooms or mirrors. Wear something comfortable so you can try a jacket or blouse over what you are wearing.
- Finally, be prepared to shop with some highly competitive shoppers. There are regulars who treat thrift shopping like a sport.