Too Cheap Tuesdays in Pasadena … Longchamp, ZARA, Brooks Brothers & Black Label Ralph
A question that we hear all the time is “which outlet do you prefer to shop at?” Honestly, we decide which store to shop at depending on where we are in Houston on a Thursday. The stores are spread all throughout town (and all over Texas) so some of them are “geographically challenging” for us but we ALWAYS find a treasure, no matter what store we shop at. Remember, it usually just takes time to look through everything. Today we are showing you what we found at the Pasadena outlet store last year … and it was awesome so we will definitely stop by again when we are in the area!
Also, Houston is getting unusually cold weather the past few weeks and there are racks of coats for only $2!
Family Thrift Center Outlet
2157 Red Bluff Rd, Pasadena, TX 77506
Family Thrift Center Outlet locations are where savvy shoppers come to save. Each Thursday, new inventory comes in and every item is priced at just $2.00. On Fridays, prices drop a quarter to $1.75 an item. Then, each day after that, the price drops another 25 cents until Tuesdays, when prices drop to just 50 cents an item. Prices drop another 25 cents on Wednesdays, when every item in the Outlet store costs only 25 cents! With shopping this guilt free, you can’t lose! Family Thrift Center Outlets sell men’s, women’s and children’s clothing, along with shoes, purses and accessories. Store hours differ per location (all of the outlets close early on Wednesdays).
When we share our “11 BEST Tips for Thrift Store Shopping”, you will see why we think the tweed jacket and dress are perfect staples for building a wardrobe.
- Don’t try to put together an outfit or you will get frustrated. Look for individual pieces and then try to build an outfit.
- Focus on dresses, jackets and skirts…this is where you normally get the most value for your money.
|Outlet Price Per Item|
|Thursdays||$2.00 per item|
|Fridays||$1.75 per item|
|Saturdays||$1.50 per item|
|Sundays||$1.25 per item|
|Mondays||$1.00 per item|
|Tuesdays||50¢ per item|
|Wednesdays||25¢ per item|
Here are some of our favorite tips for shopping the Family Thrift Center Outlet stores.
- “You don’t need to get there when they open on Thursdays.” We usually arrive around 11 a.m., after the store has been open a few hours. The store is really crowded until around noon, after that, it seems to calm down. In our opinion, we prefer to go after the “morning rush.” The employees are continually putting out new merchandise on Thursday and Friday, so you can find the “good stuff” for a couple of days before the stock starts running thin.
- Some people say, “I never find anything!” We go through hundreds, if not thousands, of items every time we go shopping in order to find one or two designer pieces of clothing. Do not get frustrated when you walk into a thrift store and don’t find that “amazing deal” within a few minutes. Jen and I spend hours going through every single hanger. Sometimes we will come across a gorgeous piece of clothing within minutes, but it usually takes a good amount of time to find that treasure! Never give up! If you’re patient and dedicated, I promise that you will find a treasure!
- There are no dressing rooms or mirrors. Wear something comfortable so you can try a jacket or blouse over what you are wearing.
- Finally, be prepared to shop with some highly competitive shoppers. There are regulars who treat thrift shopping like a sport.