Our Weekly Planning Meeting always includes “What day do we get to Shop?”
We start each Monday morning with a planning meeting for the week. Some weeks there is nothing but a leisurely day to shop, this week our schedule was quite different! Here is what it looks like:
- What blog posts to cover
- Scouring online for NYFW 2014 what’s new for Spring
- Creating a PDF shopping list for Spring 2015 … help you start working on your spring wardrobe now!
“Spring 2015 Fashion Trends”
- Filming with “Stretch your Dollar” ABC for Fall Fashion on a budget @ Family Thrift Outlet, where everything is priced at only $2. Schedule with the store, camera man, come up with outline and find models.
- Filming at FOX News “NYFW” Trends to find in a Thrift Store. Research a whole bunch of looks to choose from so we have options, with only a few days to pull clothes for this segment … you never know what you will find with just one trip to a thrift store.
- Planning a fun clothing exchange party that will be televised. More details on this one soon!
- Working on our thrifted version of “Southern Living” fall fashion issue, recreating “One Jacket Four Ways”, worn on 5 different generations. Set up photo sessions with models.
- Sept 13, watch Goodwill “Check this Out Houston” segment “Fall Fashions from Fashion Magazines” will air on ABC @ 10am, this Saturday.
Bold colors for fall
The High Light of Our Week
Our conversation always ends with “what day do you have free this week to shop?”. Now for us “shopping” means a thrift store.
We spend hours in one store and we go through every single row. I know, I know, some people might not understand how we enjoy this, but it is one of the best days of the week for us!
Here are some of the stand-outs!
Galliano denim jeans for $7.99
Adolfo skirt for $6.99, same brand as the jacket seen on Princess Letizia
Hooded cape $9.99
(yes, I cropped out the tennis shoes!)
This trio of beautiful vases!
Goodwill Thrift store felt hat for $4.99. We decided this was a no.
Be sure and check out our post we did about “Tips on how to wear a floppy felt hat”
TIPS on how to Wear a Floppy Felt Hat … HERE
As always … have FUN thrifting! Jen and Pippa
“LISTEN HONEY ~ IF YOU HURRY THROUGH LIFE YOU’LL GET THROUGH IT FASTER” …. ha ha ha