We recently received an e-mail from a reader asking for our advice regarding her wardrobe:
- Don’t try to put together an outfit or you will get frustrated. Look for individual pieces and then try to build an outfit.
- Focus on dresses, jackets and skirts…this is where you normally get the most value for your money.
- Skip lower end brands such as Target, Forever 21 and Walmart.
- Pay attention to fabrics…avoid synthetics. Look for natural fibers such as silk, cotton and wool.
- You can usually find much better deals by “digging” rather than shopping from the boutique section of a thrift store.
- All thrift stores are not created equal.
- Look through Pinterest, magazines and fashion blogs to recreate trends.
- It doesn’t matter if you have 10 minutes or 2 hours, you can always find something you love!
- Pick an area of town and go to 3-4 thrift stores since they are often near each other.
- Hard Fast Rule: NEVER pay more than 10% of retail price, we try to pay 5% or even less.
- Be open to finding anything!
Here is a great chart to help you decide if you should buy that item or not. HERE for original article.